Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Damn, Can I Just ENJOY Having a Car?

So, if anyone ever bothered to listen to the audio post that I made a week ago or so, you would've found out that I'm now officially the owner of a car again. It's nothing fancy; just an old '92 Toyota Corolla, but it can get me from point A to point B, and that's pretty much all I care about at the moment. Thus far, since I've had the car, things have been good. I've finally been able to do things that I've been wanting to do for so long, like going to the supermarket to get some food, or just finding some escape from the guys here in the house. (Nah, things aren't that bad...YET...but I still need to get away every once in awhile before I lose sight of what I really need to be doing here in Syracuse in the first place...) However, not everything has been peachy since I obtained the car from NYC two weeks ago. For one, gas prices are simply atrocious, and Syracuse has way too many potholes for an old car like mine to escaped relatively unscathed...

And someone already has broken into it. Ain't that a bitch? Some dick apparently thought it would be a good idea to smash a side window and break into my car. They thought they were going to score an iPod and a DV camera, but all they got was a cheap little charger and a 20 dollar bag. Nothing more. I was surprised that with a wack pull like that, that they would've also taken the change I have for tolls n such too, but alas, the thieves had a conscience. And they also broke the smallest window they possibly could, too. Ain't that so sweet of them?

Fucking assholes.

I have the slightest feeling that it was my neighbors from downstairs. We've been getting into heated rhetoric over parking spaces behind the house, and I think that they've been getting peeved because I'm taking a spot that is rightfully mine. If I find out that they are the ones responsible for breaking into my car, I'm going to fucking have a field day in their house...

They fail to realize that I have the key to their apartment...

But I'm not rushing to conclusions just yet. Key word is "Yet..."

. . . . . . .

So get this, I try to call the police to file a report, right, and I asked SU's Public Safety if they knew what the non-emergency number was for the Syracuse PD. This woman snidely told me, "9-1-1. That's what it's for." Now first of all, maybe someone else can explain this to me, but since when did 9-1-1 become the place to call for a non-emergency situation like a car break-in? But whatever, I digress. So I called up the number on my cell phone, and low and behold I got through...but to the 9-1-1 center in NYC!!! I live 300 miles north of the city...what the hell is that going to do for me!? Because of the fact that I have a NYC area code on my cell phone, my calls are automatically routed to NYC's 911 center. No matter where I'm at in the world. What if I was being attacked in Syracuse? Or being lynched in Texas? It doesn't make sense. I don't understand why my calls just don't go to the local 911 board. Now, I have to find a payphone somewhere to make a 911 phone call. I find the thought of that highly disturbing...

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

The area I lived in about 10 years ago was pretty bad. My car was broken into so much that I just left it unlocked with a club on the steering wheel to prevent them from driving off with it.

I never left anything of value in the car. Even then, the thieves still managed to mess up the locks trying to break into an unlocked car. Social parasites!

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker