Monday, November 15, 2004

The Daily Musings Are Now Firefox Friendly!

Hey ya'll. If you haven't been paying attention to the computing world in recent months, Microsoft's dominance is being challenged on so many different fronts, it's not even funny. Ranging from Apple bitch-slapping Microsoft with iTunes, to Hotmail bringing a knife to a gun-fight against Google GMail, Microsoft is beginning to finally gain some competition in an industry it has completely dominated for years. The latest challenge? A few renegade programmers from Netscape left to create their own open-source company, Mozilla, which has dedicated itself to creating free, open-source programs for the masses. These guys have gone and created a brand-new Internet browser that eclipses Microsoft's Internet Explorer in every single way, Firefox. Firefox is THE answer to the prayers of anyone who has ever got a virus from using IE or has had to endure tremendous page loading times for some websites. Included in Firefox are browsing innovations that can change the way you browse the 'net forever, including tabbed browsing, as well as support for RSS feeds, built right into the browser.

Which brings me to my point. If you have joined one of the tens of millions of people that have downloaded the Firefox browser, then you can take advantage of the RSS features of this blog. All you have to do is bookmark this page in Firefox by pressing the little orange wave logo on the bottom right hand of the browser window in order to subscribe to this blog. A bookmark will appear on your Bookmark Toolbar which will be updated to reflect everytime I update the page. It simplifies your browsing experience, and also keeps you from wondering exactly when I updated the Musings. That information will be available right in your bookmark tab.

Don't use Firefox? You can still use NewsWire Reader programs to do the subscribing for you, like many people have already done.

By all means, though, make the jump to Firefox. I already have on my Windows computer and I don' t regret it. It's going to take a lot more for Firefox to replace Safari for me on the Mac side of things, but, granted, it's still a great browser I'll keep on the back burner.

Want to download it? Head to Mozilla.org for details.

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Hey -- I'm a fellow Orange...woman...Check out my blog. I'm a Firefox user myself!

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker