Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Wow...It's Been That Long...

Man, look how time flies...I never thought I'd be saying this in what appears to me to be "so soon", but...

It's been a year since I broke up with Chiyo...

Wow...

How does that make me feel? I really don't know what to feel actually, other than the fact that I'm getting old real quick, lol.

I actually had a dream about her last night...the first time I've dreamt about her since last March, when I dreamt that Michelle smacked her with a plantain. Basically, I walked into some generic living room, where a bunch of my old acquaintances from over the years were just chilling, talking among themselves, when I spotted her sitting by herself in a rather large, yellow sofa. In my dream, I walked up to her.

"What are you doing here?"

"Ray, I thought you forgot about me."

"Not yet."

"I just wanted to see how you were doing, so I stopped by."

"I see. There's one problem with that, though, Chiyo."

"What's that?"

"See all these people? (I gesture to the other people in the living room) These are all old acquaintances. People I spoke to maybe once a day at a certain period in my life. Maybe you should come when my old friends are around, instead."

"What? I don't get it."

"It figures. You never did understand true friendship, anyway."


And just like that, I began to lose focus on that particular dream...either that, or I don't remember anymore. Damn, even in my dreams, I can be harsh...

...Happy Un-Anniversary to me...

3 Comments:

Blogger Jose Vilson said...

nice entry. personal. i hadn't thought about chiyo since the time u broke up with her either. that's funny. it's almost as if after she went out with whitey, we drew a blank hahah. damn metaphors. uno.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Ivy said...

aww... maybe subconciously u haven't forgotten nor forgiven her.

12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dreams say things to us that sometimes we can't admit to ourselves in waking life. The fact that she was in a room with acquaintances instead of friends is telling you that despite the closeness you felt the two of you had, you never really knew her and she never really knew or understood you. The fact that a year later she still can't bring herself to have a civil conversation with you says a lot. You deserve better Papi and you'll find it. Trust me.

L.

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker