Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Dorms...The New Way to Lose Weight...

Tonight was just one of those nights where I couldn't help but wake up in the middle of the night because it was just so damn hot. I'm sitting here typing away at 4 in the morning in one of these ridiculously hot dorm rooms at SU because of this stupid rule that forces me to stay in the dorms during the summer while I take classes here. I'm sitting, literally, 5 inches away from the window, and I'm sweating away 5 gallons of water a second. Everyone's walking up to me, like, "wow, Ray, you're getting skinnier. You working out?" "Nah, I'm just staying in the dorms." Screw the Atkins diet or this new-fangled "South Beach" diet; stay in the SU dorms for 6 weeks during the summer, and you too can lose 30 pounds!

This past weekend, I went back to NYC to chill with my momma for her birthday. She turned the big 4-0, so I figured it would be nice to spend some time with her for the occasion. We went out, saw Fantastic Four (a bit campy, but a decent popcorn flick nonetheless), and ate at this wonderful Portuguese restaurant in Newark. We had a nice, quiet time together, and it was cool to be able to catch up under different circumstances other than the craziness we encountered when we met up in Houston. A bunch of my friends wanted to meet up with me in NYC, but this weekend was just dedicated to my momma, so I really wasn't going to spend my time chilling with them. (Sorry guys) As it was, I kinda felt like I didn't see her as much as I would've liked to, since time flew by so fast while I was there, but hey, some time is better than no time, eh?

So, Happy Birthday, Momma!! Remember, 40 is the new 20!!! :-D

5 Comments:

Blogger *krystyn* said...

Hey there! Can I come visit your dorms for the 6 week SU diet?? I could afford to lose 10-15 lbs!!

Glad you enjoyed time with your momma!!

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were able to come down for my birthday too. I had a great time at both the movies and the restaurant (can you believe we polished off a pitcher of Sangria???). There's only one problem with 40 being the new 20, then I'd be younger than you - ha ha!! Seriously though, I was really happy to see you and I wouldn't have wanted to spend my birthday any other way. Me bubboo!!

L.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Freebird said...

WHAT?! 40 is the new 20?! I must have missed that memo. YAY!

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i almost died when i read the thing about people asking you if you lost weight and your response being "no, im just staying in the dorms." i dunno why, i could hear you saying it i think. all seriously or something -sydney

7:32 PM  
Blogger djkibblesnbits said...

I kid you not on how freaking hot it is in these dorms... when you walk into the building, you are literally smacked in the face with the heat. It's hotter inside the building than it is outside. It's crazy.

I don't know which one is better...my 6 week SU diet or the "London" diet I had a year ago (where you're too broke to buy ANY food for a month and a half) I'll be sure to post the results soon, lol.

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker