Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Uhh...You Sure You Got the Right Person?

This past fall semester, I had been messing around with this girl, who, to make a long story short, just didn't wind up working out for me in the end. Shortly after the Christmas break, I ended things between us, and well, while we still maintained a friendship afterward, I never bothered to give her another go. So whatever, spring semester came and went, and we both moved on.

So, imagine my surprise when, right in the middle of my departure period from SU, I get a voicemail from this girl's "ex-man."

"Yo, my boys told me that they saw you and [the girl] together up at [local amusement park] last week. Yo, I hope that wasn't you, doggy, because, son, if it was, I'm going to kill you. I ain't playin, doggy. Straight up, I'll kill you. I know what you look like. And if I see you around my way, I'll kill you. And, I'll slap that bitch, too. And you can tell that stupid bitch that I called you, too. I don't care. So, son, I really hope it wasn't you, yo. Cuz, if it was, you'll be hearing from me real soon."

I had to listen the message again to make sure that this wasn't one of my friends playing a trick on me or something. After I listened again, and checked the caller ID on my cell phone, I saw it really was him.

And that's when I began to laugh hysterically.

Like, WOOOWW. Who does that? The dude actually called up my cell phone number (we had each other's numbers because I had to speak to him once for something completely unrelated to the girl) and threatened me over voicemail. Never mind I had never seen him (or vice versa) before. The truth was that I hadn't even seen the girl for almost a month at that point in time, and during the time period he said I was with her, I was still up in Syracuse, doing what I had to do. I have no idea who she was with, but whoever it was, they better watch out, because apparently, this girl has a case of the ex!!!

What was even funnier was that I didn't even know that this dude was once her boyfriend until much after I stopped messing with her. She told me that they were "childhood friends." (An example of what made me end things) So, for him to be calling me, he was assuming that I knew that they were together, and that she had been honest about their relationship. Sounds like he was made a fool BIG TIME, and now, here he was, sinking to embarrassing levels just to regain some lost pride. After a few moments, I actually kind of felt sorry for him.

I had two choices; either I call her up and let her know about the phone call, or I call him and confront him directly over the phone and tell him that he had the wrong person. Quickly, I decided to just give him a call back and not tell her anything. Whatever was happening between them, I wanted it to STAY between them. If I called her, I was putting myself right into it.

His voicemail picked up, so I decided to return the favor.

"Yo, what's good. I got your message, and listen, while I don't appreciate the fact that you actually threatened me over voicemail, given the circumstances, I'm willing to let it slide. With that said, I'm going to tell you straight up; I haven't seen [the girl] in almost a month, and the time that you said I was with her, I was still in Syracuse. As a matter of fact, I have yet to leave. And to be honest with you, I haven't even BEEN to [amusement park] for almost 9 years. I don't know who said that they saw me up there, but considering that you haven't even seen me before, and I've never come into contact with your peoples, I find it hard to believe that they could single me out in a crowded place like that. So, bottom line, you called the wrong person. I'm sorry to hear you're going through this situation, but yo, speaking from experience, sometimes you just gotta learn to cut your losses and move on. So, with that said, good luck, take it easy, and honestly, if you want to call me back, I'll be around, but I'll just tell you the same thing I just told you now. Later."

Three weeks later, and he never called me back. Hopefully, he took my advice and believed what I said. I don't need to have some random ex chasing me around for something I didn't do.

He doesn't have to know about last semester, though. :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

Sounds like dude is feeling a little insecure. And, recorded threats are never a good idea. Especially when the timestamp and the originating cell number is on the phone company's call list.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Freebird said...

Poor guy. Wonder if he felt like a big fool leaving that message. I'm sure he did.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker