Wednesday, August 16, 2006

No Money, No Cry

Outside of my car problems, financial issues stemming from a lack post-college income, and the occasional booty call miscommunication (Read: I need to meet new people), generally, I've been having a good summer so far. I've been enjoying my free time about as much as possible, despite my aforementioned lack of funds. (Perhaps another "Poetic Appeal for Money" is needed?)

So, what have I been doing with my time?

Well, for one, I've been writing. A LOT. Between my two blogs, my personal journal, and a script I'm working on, I've been rather productive. I'm having quite a lot of fun putting my thoughts to paper, and it's been incredibly therapeutic. A lot of my friends keep on trying to get me to spill the beans on what my script is about, but the truth is, I'm not quite ready to let the cat out the bag just yet. Everyone keeps asking me what I'm going to do when I'm done with it, but they need to understand that until I get everything down on paper, I'm not gonna bother thinking that far ahead. The hardest part is the actual writing. Everything else is secondary. At least that's what I tell myself.

As far as work is concerned, I am applying to jobs, but I'm still not working on it 100%, because I'm trying to finish my writing before moving onto the next stage of my post-college career. Every once in awhile, I get phone calls and things like that, but either the offers have been complete garbage, or the jobs their offering are completely boring. As in, "grass never looked so entertaining," boring. At this point, I'm tempted to go back to working for the evil Green Coffee Empire again at a location that's about a 20-minute drive north of the Bronx. Why? Well, it requires little effort, will pay enough money for me to get my immediate bills in order, and will allow me to keep on writing. I wouldn't stay there longer than 2-3 months, however. Knowing me, I'll probably take my job search up about 55,000 notches the second I have to make another freaking Crappuccino, but hey, at least I'll have money. And of course, it helps that this particular location has some of the hottest female Baristas I've ever seen. I mean, hey, I DO need to meet new people, eh? ;-)

(Side note: My personal, "Don't fuck co-workers rule," only applies if I intend on being at the workplace in question for longer than 90 days. Just figured I'd explain it right here before I get e-mails, comments, IMs, and phone-calls from people about my being a hypocrite or whatever.)

If my writing wasn't enough, I'm also working on starting a weekly radio show that would eventually be available to download for free on iTunes. Initially, I'm going to set up another Blogger account that's more or less dedicated to the show itself, and would have links that would lead directly to an MP3 file of my show. I don't intend on making money off the show; it's all in good fun. The show itself is going to be a carbon-copy of the show that I used to host back up in Syracuse during my freshman year, which basically was a show where I could say and play anything I wanted. Every night, I walked into the studio with a pre-established musical theme, and rocked out with it for three hours, interjecting every once in awhile with a random 5-7 minute dialogue about whatever came to mind. I'm probably going to tone it down a couple of notches for the new show and just make it the kind of show that you'd want to listen to on your way back home from a stressful day of work. So, if you interested in listening in, be on the look out for it here on the Coffee Break. My first show should be up and running in the next few days...

So, yes, I've been quite the busy little bee with all the writing and other side projects I've been getting myself into. When I'm not doing all that stuff, I hop onto one of the many gaming systems I have and get down on some video games. Yes, not particularly exciting, but fuck it, I enjoy it, and if you don't like them and think less of me for playing them, well, then, TOO F'ING BAD.

Sorry, just had to get that out the way up there. :-) I actually find myself playing more games now that I have the other blog, Press Start to Play up and running. What's sad is that I spend more time writing about video games than actually playing them.

Ain't that a bitch?

1 Comments:

Blogger Freebird said...

Wow. For a recent graduate you sure are busy. Good luck on the script. :-)

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker