Friday, July 14, 2006

"Me and U?" No, It's Just You

Today, I was parking my car from one side to the other, as I have to do almost every day in order to satisfy NYC's ridiculous parking regulations, when out of nowhere, I heard the song, "Me and U" by Cassie. Now, whatever, there's nothing out of the ordinary to hear loud music blasting in New York, but what was odd about this situation was that I had no idea where the hell it was coming from; usually, loud music would come from cars going up and down the block, but there were no cars moving about at that point in time. So, I'm looking around, like, "where the fuck is that coming from," when I identified the source: a friggin' cell phone. Apparently, there was this girl walking around with a phone held slightly away from her ear, strutting down the street with a short skirt, trying to look cute with her boombox cell phone. And it wasn't even a ring tone, but rather, it was the whole song.

First of all, the shit was so loud, I heard it from two blocks away, and the girl had the nerve to have the cell phone about 4 inches from her ear. Like, ummm.. are you deaf? Second, just because you saw some dorks running around with MP3 theme songs in a Verizon commercial, it doesn't mean that you have to go and look like a fool in real life. It didn't matter how much of her ass or breasts were showing; it really wasn't cute.

And then... here's the kicker. By the time she got close to me, the song had ended, so, she stopped, got her phone, pressed a button, and the song played again. Apparently, it was now safe for her to strut again.

I would love to tell you all that this is the first time that I've seen this, but it really isn't. In the past two weeks alone, I've seen six girls walking around in the same way, with the same exact song. ALL of them probably thought that they were unique.

So, in the 80's, we had people walking around, strutting with boomboxes on their shoulders. In the 00's, we got cell phones. It makes you wonder what other technology will come out 20 years from now that will allow peanutheads to contribute to noise pollution with played-out songs...

1 Comments:

Blogger Freebird said...

I'm sure she looked like a big idiot and didn't even know it.

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker