Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Trading Spaces

It might have taken awhile, but I finally got my room to look like, well, a room. Since I got back from Syracuse, I've been undergoing a massive cleaning effort to rid myself of all the junk that I've collected over the years in order to make room for the new junk that I brought back from 5 years of college. Even though I started the job about three weeks ago, I couldn't come close to finishing it off because I was waiting for furniture to be delivered specifically for my room. So, I've been living in a hovel since I got back, with things tossed all over the place. If you would have seen it, you would have mistook me for my old roommate, Zulay, with her infamous capacity to cover every single open space on her bedroom floor with crap.

But over the weekend, my furniture got here, and after three days of getting it all situated, I must say that I'm pretty freaking impressed. My room actually looks like, gasp, a room!

See, I'm one of those people that can't get anything done if the space that they live in is in a complete mess. When my room was all tossed about, I felt like I was missing order and purpose. I fell behind on my bills, didn't blog as often, lost track with people, and just felt like I was in a bit of a rut. Sure, I've been bumming it since I got back from college, but at the very least, if my room had been organized, I would have had some kind of incentive to at least maintain some semblance of business as usual. Alas, I could not, especially when I was tripping over my old Ninja Turtles from third grade every five seconds.

So, my main computer is back up and running, I can see my floor now, and things are looking up... My room looks like a room now! I'm so happy!!!

:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker