Sunday, May 30, 2004

Wow, I Don't Remember High School This Way...

Today's New York Times Magazine has an interesting feature story on teen sex. While I was reading it (warning, it's a LLLOONNNGGG story...about 9 pages long), I couldn't help but wonder, "Damn, was high school for me so different, or was it because I played "the game" by my own rules? It also kinda makes me look at my god-brother's age group a little differently, almost as if they're from a different generation than from the rest of us who were born in at some point before 1990.

Did we miss something? Was it Sesame Street? Nick Jr.? What did we do that was so different?

Anyways, read the article, and let me know what you guys think.
The New York Times : Friends, Friends With Benefits, and the Local Mall

EDIT: This is officially my 100th post on the Daily Musings!! (For the other 82 posts, visit Daily Musings 1.0 )

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thing that this article doesn't mention is the double standard. If you're a girl and you hook up with a lot of people, you're easy and/or you're a whore. But if you're a guy and you hook up with a lot of people you're "the man", you're cool.
Anna

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we were just keep sp busy in our High School rayray... I really had math every-fucking-day for four years in that school. We had no weekly half days like other schools do. We didnt plan our schedules, they were planned for us.

If we had more free time... damn yo we wouldda been whores!!! hahahahahaha

Oh, and about ur previous blog: dayum son, I will def. be having one of those up soon. U KNOW that'll be good, stay tuned!!!

-bori

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker