Wednesday, June 02, 2004

The Results are in for Miss Universe...

I'm not normally into the whole Miss Universe pageant thing, but, that doesn't mean I don't appreciate a good-looking woman when I see them. And, so, last night, millions around the world got to see the latest edition of the main event showcasing feminine "Beauty." (and nothing else, I'm afraid) Except for Michelle and I, as well as the rest of the UK, of course. Maybe it has to do something with the fact that there wasn't a contestant from the British Isle worth bothering to look at? (There was a contestant from Ireland, though) In either case, we were forced to check out the website of the Miss Universe competition to get bios and pictures of girls who were going to be strutting their stuff. And, judging from the pictures we saw, Michelle and I were all but dead certain that the next Miss Universe was going to be a Latina. I mean, c'mon, there was no competition, so we thought. Michelle's personal pick to win the whole thing was Miss Ecuador, while I was going for Miss Mexico. Michelle even called Giselle back in the States to find out her pick; Miss Puerto Rico. With picks like that, how could Latin America lose?

Well, zoom forward to today, where Miss Austrailia is the next Miss Universe. WTF? Don't get me wrong, the girl looks hot, and I'm sure she had some wonderful things to say (yawn), but, compared to Miss Mexico, Ecuador, PR, or any of the other girls from Latin America? Shit, even Miss Germany was the shit. On the Miss Universe web site, they mention that this year's winner reflects "the modern, updated look of the 21st Century." Damn, I guess last year's winner was "old school" compared with this girl. I'm not going to go as far as Jose might and call it a conspiracy against Latinos, but, it does make you wonder. Donald Trump, the egotistical real estate tycoon, and the chairman of the Miss Universe pageant, was quoted as saying that Miss Aussie is the "most beautiful Miss Universe he has seen in years." Now, c'mon...take a look at last year's winner, Miss Dominican Republic, and compare her to this one...it's no contest...Miss DR wins hands down. I think it all had to do with the fact that Miss DR was no slouch last year, and actually had the "nerve" to speak her mind. Was this the "anti-Miss DR" pick? It sure as hell might be.

But then again, maybe not. After all, it's just a beauty pageant. Nothing major. Regardless of who won, they are all beautiful in their own special way. :-D

Except for Miss USA. The ditz. :-)

EDIT: When I mentioned Jose "might call it a conspiracy against Latinos," I didn't actually mean he would. It was me being sarcastic. Like I said at the end of the blog, it really isn't a big deal, and we're probably all going to forget about this shit within the next 2 weeks. So, yah. Just wanted to say that.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss DR was hot...ohhhh, baby...she makes me go...

BOING OING OING!! :-D

-Ken

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree with you on your points. no consipiracy theories because Miss Universe really is pretty insignificant :-P. because even when Dominican Republic won, what happened after that? 15 minutes is over before you know it.

the conspiracy theorist about more important things

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's always a conspiracy about shit... it's all relavent.. i know at least 3 words were spelled wrong here..

bori

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed it completely!! I was watching Summerland and Music Mania..a complete waste of time..did u hear Kwame Jackson got kicked off the judges panel for waving at delegates..now thats sad!lol

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker