Friday, July 15, 2005

Feeling Bubbly in the Summertime...

Ahhh yes, summer... the season where people all over get the "love jones" and start getting into relationships that they wouldn't have gotten into at any other point in the year. Every where I look around here, it seems as if everyone is walking outside holding hands and openly declaring their love for one another. And then, after swearing on life itself that they'd be there for one another, the relationships just fizzle out the second the leaves start turning brown. Such is the nature of summer relationships. They just die out. It's like the summer heat caused everyone to go insane momentarily, and then, when it cools down, they just snap out of it...

...But they sure as hell are fun while they last!

I've had my share of summer relationships over the years. Man, were they so fun! There's just something about them that makes a summer relationship so intense, and so liberating at the same time. It's almost as if we know right from the get-go that the relationship is doomed to end in two to three months, so we just buckle down and make the most of it right till the bitter end. It also means that everything is that much more accelerated in the summertime. I propose a theory that states that each week in a summer relationship is equal to a month in realtime, so, by the time most people break up, they would have experienced a year's worth of a relationship in a span of two months and a half months. Matter of fact, it's not a theory... it's a LAW! (Ray's Law of Summer Relations, not to be confused with Clinton's Law of Sexual Relations)

So, this summer is definitely no exception. Like I said, everyone is running around getting their jollies off on one another around here and thinking nothing of it. Starbucks, for example, is fast becoming one big freaking orgy. (And you thought that was whipped cream in your Frappuccino!) Shift managers getting with other shifts. Shifts getting with baristas. Baristas getting with managers. Managers getting with district managers... it's gone crazy! And hell, every once in a while, some of our customers want to get in on the act. What ever happened to the rule that you're not supposed to hook up with the people you work with?! Apparently, all that has gone out the window with the summertime here. And of course, when the summer is over, we're ALL going to deny anything ever happened. Such is the nature of things.

And you thought "Passion Tea Lemonade" was just a cool name...it's a lifestyle, baby! Shake, shake, shake!!!

So, I guess in the spirit of summer, have fun everyone. Even if it means you're going to have to deny whatever you did for the other three seasons of the year. :-)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg i love it. now you have to fill me in on what youre talking about, of course. this isnt happening at the stores im working at! well, it sort of is, like, people are liking others, but the others are not into it. so it doesnt really count.-syd

2:12 PM  
Blogger Freebird said...

I'll never look at my Frapuccino the same way again. BTW, I'm hooked on vanilla bean fraps.

12:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baby we got almonds and let me give you some joy! Better not fizzle!

4:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite song. Relevant,no?



I - read you - and god I'm good at it - I'm so spot on-
chord - shapes in air - go press that dissonance - if you dare
and you - breathing in - finesse an innocent
from her partying

and I'm high enough from all the waiting
to ride a wave on your inhaling
and I'm high enough from all the waiting
to ride a wave on your inhaling
cause I love you no?
can't help but love, you know...

what - part of no - don't you understand - I've told you before
to just get - off my case - this isn't happening - stop this now
and I - where was I? - I have to be somewhere
now where did I put it?

and I'm high enough from all the waiting
to ride a wave on your inhaling
and I'm high enough from all the waiting
to ride a wave on your inhaling
cause I love you no?
can't help but love you, no...

is this it - is this it - is this it?

yes - hello we're back - and we're taking calls
now what was the question?

and I'm high enough from all the waiting
to ride a wave on your inhaling
and I'm high enough from all the waiting
to ride a wave on your inhaling
cause I love you no?
can't help but love you, no...

3:18 PM  
Blogger a beer sort of girl said...

Shake shake shake!

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker