Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Hack Hack, Cough Cough

COOOOUUUGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

(Alrighty, so that's me coughing all over everyone reading the blog... hey, I have no friggin idea how to write out the sound of someone coughing, so this will have to do.)

I really hate being sick. Then again, I can't imagine anyone actually LIKES being sick. I mean, everyone loves to call out sick, but not to BE sick...

Okay, okay, let's get back on track... hello everyone! Long time, no write. I'm sitting here typing (and coughing) away on my wonderful new birthday present, my very own PowerMac G5. With all the power (heh, heh, the PowerMac has POOOWEERRRRR... ) this bad boy has, I can't wait to get going on all the backed up video projects that I had waiting in the pipeline, all of which were waiting for a brand new computer with some legs on it. And now, thanks to my dear ol' Momma-san, I got it! Sooooo, once again, thanks momma! :-)

So, speaking of my birthday, I guess now would be a good time as any to discuss how my birthday went... let's just say that I spent my entire weekend intoxicated out of my mind for the majority of the time. And in my book, that's a great way to celebrate ANY major occasion. Thanks to all the people who showed me love for the big 2-2. Between the blog comments, Facebook messages, phone calls, and e-mails, I was completely overwhelmed with support and shout-outs. All of you definitely know how to warm this ol' man's heart. :-D

Thankfully, Michelle didn't pull an '04 and whip out the Inflatable Wife for a present. Instead, she took me out during the Thanksgiving break and got me fucked up at this bar in downtown Manhattan called the "Big Fat Black Pussy Cat" or something of that nature. Of course, when Michelle and I hang out, nothing is EVER easy. I got denied access to the bar at first because I was wearing Timberlands. I never thought you actually had to watch your footwear like that when you went out to a bar, but clearly, some places do care about your kicks. So, instead of just heading out to another bar, I went and bought a pair of $300 shoes at some local mom and pop store for 60 bucks, put them on, and then showed up in front of the bouncer that had kept me out and pulled the ill James Brown impression.

"WATCH MEHHH!!!!"

And with that, I was in. Soon, Michelle, Giselle (my wonderful special guest co-star during my Eurotrip a year and a half ago, for you longtime readers), and I were drunk out of our minds. Hopefully, Gizzle will get on the ball and send me the pics from that day so everyone can see the antics we engaged in during our wonderful drinking festivities. (Git on it, FRENCHIEE!!)

Since I mentioned Thanksgiving, I guess it won't hurt to wish everyone a Happy Belated Thanksgiving. I hope everyone got stuffed (heh, heh, "stuffed") with food. My mother cooked up a feast on that day. You woulda thought that my mother was trying to end world hunger in one shot with all the food that she cooked. The funny part, though, was that only three people were going to eat! She definitely OD'd, but in a good way, though. Now we can have leftovers for the next three months. :-D

I was sick most of the Thanksgiving break, but I had a few wonderful highlights during the few days I was back home in NYC:

1) I got to chill with some ol' peeps and hear from others. I saw Vogue, a long-time friend from high school, for the first time in almost a year, and got to chill with her for a bit. I also chilled with some brand-new SU buddies that I've recruited in the past year and got into a lil' bit of trouble with them. I'll never forget getting lost in the Lower East Side of Manhattan looking for this chick, Maria (you friggin Hobbit!!!), who was at some random-ass party in the middle of the PJs. OooooDDDDDDDDD....

2) My ex called me on Thanksgiving. (No, not Chiyo). I haven't spoken to this chick, Evelyn, in about 5 months. She apparently dropped off the face of the planet, and sometimes, at the most random times, she IMs me using her brother's AIM account. She lost her cell phone about a year ago, and has yet to replace the damn thing. Anyways, she got me all hyped to go visit her, only to get a call from her later on in the day saying that she wasn't going to be around. Apparently, her new boyfriend, who was with her, felt uncomfortable with the possibility of me being around her, so he snatched her away. And shit, I don't blame him. As I learned the hard way, you can NEVER trust an ex. NEVVEERRRRRR... Shit, I wouldn't trust me with her... but that's another story for another time...

3) I got fired from Starbucks... on my day off... Basically, in a nutshell, I got fired because the new manager that took over the store apparently had a hard on to get rid of me, and pretty much eliminated me for petty reasons. Two weeks before the break, I saw that I was scheduled to work during Thanksgiving, which, normally, is a no-no. You NEVER schedule people who aren't from Syracuse to work during Thanksgiving weekend at the SU Starbucks, unless they say otherwise. So, I posted my hours and let them know that I wasn't going to be present for that time. As expected, of course, no one took my hours, and, well, I wasn't going to stay in Syracuse for Thanksgiving just to serve coffee, so I stayed in NYC, and because of that, I got fired. Even if I wanted to, I wasn't going to be able to work because of how sick I became over the course of the Thanksgiving weekend. Whatever. No one cares, and quite frankly, neither do I. Good riddance, I say. Sure, I'm going to miss working with everyone, but, shit, the way I see it, everyone's days are numbered anyway in that place, so I'm sure it was bound to happen sooner or later.

4) I made and drank Pina Coladas with my momma. Good times, indeed. :-) It's always cool to drink with your parents.

So yeah, it was definitely a decent break. Now, I'm back in Syracuse, so it's of course crunch time as the semester rolls to an end. I swear, time is definitely flying even faster now than it ever has before. I'm sitting here thinking that I have all this time left, when in actuality, I just have one more week of school before finals time. Sheesh. Where did all the time go?

COOOUUUGGGHHHHHHHHH!

2 Comments:

Blogger *krystyn* said...

Sounds like a doofus of a manager you HAD at Starbuck's anyway. :-)

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always said you didn't go away to school to learn to make coffee.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker