Monday, December 05, 2005

SHIIITT, It's COLD!!!!

Only 5 days ago, everyone in Syracuse was lollygagging around outside in their t-shirts and sandals, enjoying the wonderful 80 degree weather. Some people around here were complaining that it was too hot for them, and that winter needed to "get here already," but for the most part, these people were usually picked up and thrown into trash cans while others gathered around and talked about having picnics in the park.

Now, here we are in the frozen tundra. It's as if the Snow Miser himself was outside running around screaming, "I'm HERE, bitches!!" (And the Heat Miser was sulking in the background.)

It's freaking cold. Like, 15 degrees cold. And there's so much snow on the ground. If you were to take pictures of what the weather was like this weekend, and compare them to pictures taken during our little summer holiday last week, you would think that you were looking at pictures of two completely different regions. I was just outside, coming back from a little run to the local McDonalds to pick up some munchies for an all-nighter, and I was practically frozen in the time that it took to walk the 15-feet from my car to my front door. Never mind I was wearing about 13 different layers of clothing!!! (Alright, alright, maybe not 13... more like 4.)

Usually, it takes extremely low temperatures to make me feel as cold as I did this past weekend while I was walking outside, but because of the fact that it's been rather snow-less here in Syracuse for about 7 months, I've grown rather accustomed to 40-plus degree weather. But now, if this past weekend's weather was any indication, it looks like I better get back to being used to extremely low temperatures again.

Shite. I better stock up on some longjohns or something.

3 Comments:

Blogger *krystyn* said...

I hear ya' Ray! After spending the last 7 years in TX & AZ - I'm in a world of shit now in TN - it's been 36 all day and I'm sorry, but that's freakin' cold to me!! Add in the wind and brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

I can't even "think" of going outside w/o a turtleneck on -too cold! I've got the scarves and gloves out and ready to go.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

Two words: San Diego!

Yeah!

3:29 PM  
Blogger djkibblesnbits said...

Damnit, I wanna go to San Diego... or California, for that matter... soon, I will.... :-)

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker