Monday, June 07, 2004

...It Hasn't Been Six Months!!

It really didn't hit me how fast time has flown until I began to start making the "Big Cleanup" to get the flat ready for the eventual handover back to our landlord.

Bastard.

As of today, I have 9 days before I hop on that plane back the NYC. And to be honest with you, as much as I miss everyone, I'm not mentally prepared to get out of London. Maybe it's because my brain hasn't adjusted to the fact that the minute I get on that plane, I won't see London again for a long time. Or maybe it's because I really don't feel like packing all my shit. In either case, I'm in denial that 6 months have passed already, much in the same way that I deny to Michelle that "it hasn't been a month, already, bitch." I was telling Zulay awhile back that as much as it seems as if time has flown by too quickly, at the same time, my last memories of the US seem like faded black and white pictures...memories of another time, another era...another me...

I wonder, if in fact, I have changed as much as I feel I have since I first set foot in Britain. Am I more bitter? More of a dreamer? More cynical? Understanding? Do I "listen?" :-D Or am I the same exact person I was when I left NY?

I guess I won't find out till I get back home. But first things first. I have to pack.

...Michelle is leaving me the 12th. That bitch. We're probably not going to talk to each other for the rest of the summer. 6 months together, alone, is enough. If she starts missing me, she can look at one of the thousand or so pictures she's got of us together from this trip.

Still, I'll miss her. That bitch. :-D

Alas, she's still here...lemme get my licks in while I still can...

"Hey, Michelle, what did the five fingers say to the ass?"

"SLAP!"


:-D

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww..it must be hard to get back into the NY way..I don't know what u were like before London..but could u have been any better? Enjoy the compliments while I'm in the mood..lol

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn at some point I will remember to put my name on my comments..Sam!!!

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angel people don't change because they grow up and become bitter, sarcastic, bad listeners (which u always were anyways) or simply come and go to different places. People change because of their natural need to improve and trust me, it doesn't matter how long you spent in London, New York is ready to see such an improvement in you and we will still love you like we loved you before. It doesn't matter how much you grow up and how different you may feel (ackward n out of place maybe?) you are still your grandma's Raton and my sweet Angel. COME BACK ALREADY!!!

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

life experiences change u ray, not your place of residence, whereever that is. london has probably changed you simply because, for 6 months, you stepped out of the NY life that you'd gotten used to. living the way you and michele have, on your own two feet, definitly makes a difference. (but, damn, the shots you take at her, you'd think she was devil incarnate. good luck to her by the way, in whatever she's gonna be up to). -Anna

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker