Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Strike Is Over, the Strike Is Over!!

After three days of annoyingly ridiculous rush-hour commutes, 'round-the-clock, over-dramatized news coverage, and relentless "OnlyinNewYork-speak", New York feels like New York again now that the infamous transit strike is over. People can now finally move around the boroughs and get across town again.

And not a moment too soon... I was beginning to develop cabin fever after being stuck in the Bronx for way too long. Give uss freeeeeeeeee!!!

I love how when people first began hearing the news that the strike was over, that they all assumed that the trains and buses would be ready to take passengers immediately, almost as if all the MTA has to do is flip some switch, and BAM, the largest transit system in North America is up and running. Like no, peanutheads, it's going to take at least 10 hours to get all the stations open, all the buses started, and the train cars placed back into their positions for regular service.

Whatever, man. I'm just happy that I can now take the train downtown and chill outside of the Bronx. Good times, indeed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Freebird said...

I'm happy for you. My sister/fiance/neice are on their way to NY for Christmas. They flight took off this morning. Of course, I'm totally jealous!

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker