Monday, October 16, 2006

Super Case of the Mondays

All was good. Here I was, driving around, striking up a casual conversation with the fiance of my dreams, getting ready to hit up the town for some Saturday morning shopping, cracking jokes, stealing quick thigh grabs, and just enjoying life. All was good. I had a Kool-Aid smile from ear to ear...

And then I heard my cell phone alarm. "RIIINNNNNGGGGGGGGG"

Suddenly, I realized I wasn't driving around with my "fiance," nor was it a Saturday morning. Hell, I wasn't even happy. The sad fact that it was Monday smacked me in the face. Fuck that whole "Is It Monday Yet," mantra being spewed out by those NFL Monday Night Football Fanatics. It's more like, "Is It Friday Yet?"

Yes, I have a Case of the Mondays, and man, I must say that now that I'm in the so-called "real world," it sucks ass. See, Mondays sucked before in college, but at the very least, I never felt too far removed from the craziness that was Thursday night. Now, the only thing I have to look forward to on a Thursday night is my bed, especially after working from 9AM to 8PM.

Do I miss college? Maybe, just maybe...

Hopefully I can get a paycheck large enough to get euphoric about the "real world" at some point, but until then...

"Is It Friday Yet?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker