Tuesday, June 15, 2004

...And suddenly, no more BBC or "Big Brother"...

It just seems like it all came too soon, as if I picked up a brand new book, opened it up, read the first paragraph, and then skipped to the last page to find out what happened in the end...

My time in London has officially come to a close. With less than 24 hours left before I head out, I'm a tad ambivalent over my desires to leave. One side of me wants to come home to see everyone again, but there's another part of me that doesn't want to leave because, simply put, I've loved every bit of my experience here. I got myself all immersed in the culture, and now for me to leave when I was just finally breaking in the way I had wanted to when I first got here almost seems like I cooked this big meal and can't even get a little taste of it. (I also really don't want to miss Big Brova!) Many people ar elike, "Ray, don't worry, you can always come back," but they'll never be under these same pretenses. I don't know if I'll ever have the chance to live in London again.Therefore, it is because of that uncertainty that I am taking in every moment.

I'm happy that I was able to share my experiences with you guys. :-) I hope you enjoyed reading them.

...On my last day, I was able to meet up with a friend from Cuse, who had come abroad through a separate SU Study-Abroad program that gives students the ability to tour 7 countries in Europe in one month. (Michelle: Lim is mad that you didn't tell her that I was staying, lol) We hung out and ate some Indian food, which she has boldly declared to be the best tasting food she had in a long time. (Gotta love Khan's, baby) She was telling me though, that after dealing with SU students for a month, she's ready to go home. I'm like, try dealing with them for the five months I had. She said of all the places she's visited, she enjoyed Paris the most. ("Le Charrrggee!") I even got her into Big Brother, so she's now become a dedicated fan for the three days she's got remaining.

Towards the end of the night, she was watchin TV with me and a couple of other chicks, when this show came on that featured plenty of sex. I sat there amused over how the girls were appalled that so much nudity and sexual activity was taking place on regular, local television at 10 o'clock. "What about the kids!" they screamed.

"It's the UK, guys. A little roast beef behind the knooker don't hurt anyone, mate." :-)

"Remember my words when you go off whizzing about the world in search of a quick toss; London is the greatest city in all of Europe, and quite possibly, the greatest city in the world. And the more you travel, the more you will agree."

-Professor Richard Tames, first day of classes in London.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

geez, aren't we betraying NYC?! :-(

:-P zu

p.s. see ya tommorrow!

2:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Traitor - no NY pizza for you!!!

L.

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy to be back? The time thing must be screwin u up..ttys..Muah..Sam

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker