Monday, June 28, 2004

Getting Back Into a "Ray" State of Mind

Slowly, but surely, my brand of mischief is hitting NYC.

As many of my friends outside of Syracuse have noted, I've been MIA for two years. It almost seems as if everyone I talk to who knew me in high school and doesn't go to Cuse has said something to the effect of, "you dropped off the face of the planet after your freshman year." While I do feel, in fact, that I've been "around' per se, between work, school, and Chiyo, it's true that I took a couple of steps away from my "normal" lifestyle. Parties became "whatever" affairs, friends became afterthoughts, and I lived to work. Yes, all was different in my little slice of the world.

But then came my trip to London. Got new surroundings, lost the girl, reinforced a friendship, and slowly, began to reclaim my life. The mischief and adventures started anew. Some verbal jousting here, ass-smacking there, a pinch of scamming, a good measure of liquor consumption, and of course, a hefty portion of getting lost with Michelle (with Gis as a special guest), combined to form a sliver of my old activities. Every week I spent in London was just another chance at making progress into reclaiming my life.

...But now...I'm not in London anymore...

I'm back home, in NYC. The first time I'm "home" for more than a week since the end of my freshman year...

...And I'm refreshed...;-)

Like, me, trying to sneak vodka into the Met with Anna and Sam. (And subsequently, teaching the philosophy behind the Fontebleu Ass Theory with a gusto and eloquence reserved for only the most die-hard of "art historians")

My yelling, "Timmmmbeeeerrrrr!" at Michelle. :-D

Or, stumbling through Washington Heights in a liquor-induced romp with ZuZu, Michelle, and Gis as we tried to make it to the train station to head to a club.

Or, getting all sweaty in aforementioned club, for the first time in two years.

Accompanying Vogue as she did laundry at one in the morning.

Whipping out "the Claw" every chance I can get.

Making fun of the ridiculous pick-up lines made by FOBs (Fresh of the Boaters) right in their faces.

And of course, grabbing my mother's clean underwear as I tried to parachute across my living room.

Ahh, yes...I'm back, somewhat...:-)

And you know what the secret is behind the "Ray" State of Mind?

Friends and Family. Two of the greatest gifts I could ever have. :-)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the fact that the guard was cool about the vodka..ahh the things i can learn from Ray..well that and the Roman structure..lol it was fun tho..Sam

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GREEK sculpture, sam. -anna

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah son...

-bori

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is . . . you so stupid . . .

L.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker