Thursday, October 14, 2004

The Top 10 Most-Played Songs of September 2004

Aight, so it's the middle of October, and I'm JUST reporting on my top-10 from last month...look, it's been a rough few days, aight? Deadlines for my newspaper, backlogged homework assignments, a horrible cold, oversexed roommates, and a crapload of running around, have all contributed to a complete slowdown in updates on the Musings. But fear not, my friends. Updates are coming, and I will get across everything that I've been wanting to talk about...one of these days. (I'm still reminded I have yet to post Part II of my Trip to Italy...d'oh...one of these days..)

Anyways, so here is my top-10 for last month.

10. "Leaving New YorK" by R.E.M., off the Around the Sun album. (NEW)

9. "Fair" by Remy Zero, off the Garden State Motion Picture Soundtrack. (NEW)

8. "Dance Me to the End of Love" by Madeleine Peyroux, off of her Careless Love album. (NEW)

7. "Apple Cobbler" by LL Cool J, off the DEFinition album. (NEW)

6. "The Last Post on the Bugle" by the Libertines, off of their self-titled album. (NEW)

5. "You and Me" by J-Kwon, off his "Hood Hop" album (NEW)

4. "Headsprung" by LL Cool J, off the DEFinition album (NEW)

3. "Don't Panic" by Coldplay, off their Parachutes album (NEW)

2. "U Make Me Wanna by Jadakiss, off the Kiss of Death album (NEW)

1. "Tempted to Touch by Rupee, off of some Mixtape. (NEW)


Alright...before I go on, I have to say that the "Tempted to Touch" song has officially been demoted to a "Permanently Retired" status. Never shall I play this song ever again, thanks to the fact that Zulay has overplayed this song beyond belief. At first, I thought this song was hot, y'know, so I listened to it, but then, here comes Zu, completely butchering the song into Z100 status. So...no more...it made my number 1 last month, but never again. It became annoying as all hell.

As for the rest of the songs, well...there's no particular reason they're there. They just are. LL is reppin on my list with two songs. (Never thought I was going to be saying that) R.E.M., at the 10-Spot, is doing their thing with "Leaving New York," a song that definitely hit me immediately after my arrival to Cuse from NYC earlier on in the month. I mean, it has more to do with a girl than anything else, but, still, the song resonated with me for whatever reason.

So, holla back at the kid. Feel free to try these songs out. Every one of them is available on the iTunes Music Store, so you can hear them out to get a feel for them. (Number purchased this month: 7 of 10...I've been honest!)

And as always... Don't Steal Music...

Just "borrow" them. :-)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What no Marc Broussard? Agh..my heart is breaking..but as usual..loving your lists sweety..Sam

7:33 PM  
Blogger Jose Vilson said...

interesting music selection. as usual, i don't know 1/2 of this stuff, but it's all good. anyways, uno.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Jose Vilson said...

By the way, ur entry made me feel like writing a blogger entry of my own haha. You know the address. Peace.

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker