Monday, August 08, 2005

Introducing, the "Coffee Break"

Alrighty, so after a couple of days of brainstorming, I've decided to change the name of the "Daily Musings" to "The Coffee Break." Inspired by all my wonderful little 4-hour conversations with my Starbucks co-worker, Aimee, right outside our storefront, the Coffee Break is just the natural name for an online venue where I can talk about just about anything that comes to mind that has anything to do with my life. I've also decided to open up the Coffee Break to guest bloggers every once in a while. In practice, I don't know how often that's going to happen, but, we'll see down the line. Sometimes, my life gets so complicated, that not even I can keep up with it, so I've decided that sometimes, my story should be told through the POV of someone else. After all, there is always more than one-side to every story...even MY story...

I opted not to go with names involving "Manwhore" or "Cocky" because in all honesty, that's not what my life is all about. Yes, sometimes, I have the occasional hook-up, and yes, sometimes I can be very opinionated about certain topics, but, if you've been a long time reader, you'll see that I do, at times, put my feelings out there for all to see. I wanted to choose a title that wouldn't pigeonhole me into any one topic or style of writing, so, with a name like "The Coffee Break", I am free to pretty much talk about anything.

Especially my antics at Starbucks. :-)

So welcome to the Break! Sit back, relax, and take the stimulant of your choice as you plow through the story of my life!

-Ray (djkibblesnbits)

EDIT: I was going to say that we can call it, "the CB" for short, but then I realized that the "CB" can be taken as "The Cockblock", which, as some of you may remember I'm not exactly a big fan of...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess you're right, it is more well-rounded. In all honesty, that's exactly when I read your blogs, during my morning coffee break. As I drink my large hazelnut light and sweet, I laugh, smile, even cry at your latest antics. You have two thumbs up for "The Coffee Break" and long may it last . . .

L.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Freebird said...

I like it. :-)

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker