Sunday, February 20, 2005

Post V-Day

Ha ha...no, not Veronica Day. Valentine's Day. Silly.

So, almost everyone thought that I was too analytical in the breakdown I had of who I was going to choose to be my Valentine this year. Granted, I'll admit that it wasn't the most conventional approach in choosing Valentine, but still, I argue that it was necessary considering the kind of environment I go to school in. I mean, come on, think about it; what do people do when there's nothing other than freeze to death in the eternal snowstorm we call "Syracuse?" They GOSSIP! And it's not like, "he said, she said" gossip. Nah, instead, with some of the stories that you hear, sometimes, you would think that most of the content came from the "Jerry Springer" show. Or worse, Fox News. It's not "gossip" anymore when you get to Syracuse. It's fucking "creative writing." And I utterly refuse to play a character in any one of these stories. So hence, I was forced to entertain desperate measures in selecting my Valentine.

Some people asked, "Well, how did Justine feel about being the 'P.C. Valentine?'" While I don't know exactly how she felt about it, I tried to ensure that no matter what, she never felt like she was just a figurehead Valentine. So, I, y'know, pranced around trying to act all cute for her n whatnot, gave her a bunch of hugs, sent her a card, and got her an adorable teddy bear that will prolly end up in a closet somewhere. I was even trying to simulate the whole "couple off" thing, a concept that Zulay never seemed to grasp. (No matter what, she never left Justine and I alone. I felt like smacking her and saying, "bitch, go after YOUR Valentine! She's mine! Actually, I didn't just "feel" like smacking her; I actually did, lol. But, like a lost puppy, Zulay just kept coming back for more. Wench. Talk about a 'block...)

Unfortunately, Valentine's Day itself was a rather packed day for the both of us, so we didn't exactly have the kind of time we needed to make it a complete success. But nonetheless, we both aimed for the next day, when we finally exchanged gifts and went out after classes. It wasn't exactly romantic, but it was certainly sentimental, which was the most important thing. So, it actually came out better than I could hope for, considering the circumstances.

So yah...I hope everyone else's V-Day was awesome. Holla back!

And by the way...no, I did not get any booty from her, lol. You, sick, perverted people. She's my roomie, after all...

...Next year is a different story, though... ;-)

6 Comments:

Blogger Freebird said...

Glad it all worked out for you. We didn't celebrate V-Day on the 14th either, but the Saturday before. Not sure about Zulay. Is she an ex-girlfriend? A stalker?

11:18 AM  
Blogger djkibblesnbits said...

LOL, nah, she's neither ex-girl nor stalker. She's my other roommate, lol. She was just being a peanuthead on V-Day. She had her own Valentine and everything, and she was trying to crimp on my style, lol. It's all good, though. Nothing damaging or anything like that.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Freebird said...

Oh, I get it now! You're the Jack Tripper to their Chrissy and Janet. :-P

In case you don't remember it, there was a show in the 70's called Three's Company about a guy and his two girl roommates.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Jose Vilson said...

yeah i woulda said something, but after reading these comments, I honestly drew the hugest blank of all time haha. laterz.

1:06 PM  
Blogger djkibblesnbits said...

Yeah, I'm Jack...Justine even had to lie to her parents earlier in the year and say that I was a girl so that way, they'd be cool with a guy living with her, lol.

Jose, why you drawing a blank? LOL.

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its actually kinda sad that you had to legitimately worry about picking out your valentine, it doesn't say very good things about syracuse, lol. -Anna

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker