Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The Top 10 Most-Played Songs of, uh...the Past Five Months?

I got an e-mail today from one of my longtime readers wondering about what the hell ever happened to my Top-10 lists for Most Played Songs. Well, I'll tell you what happened to them:

I just got lazy.

It was a pain in the ass to keep on putting up the top-10 songs every month. I always felt that since no one commented on them, either, well, they weren't appreciated. So I stopped doing them around Finals time in April.

However, I guess there are some people who were at least interested in my top-10's.

So starting next month, I'll publish my Top-10 for August.

But right now, what have I been playing since April? I'll tell you. COLDPLAY. And tons of it. Their new album, "X&Y" has completely dominated my top-10 for the past two months. As a matter of fact, I've listened to that damn album so many times, I have more individual spins on each song on that album in two months than any other song in the past 5. It's that serious. Of all of them, "Swallowed in the Sea" is my #1, followed by "Fix You" and "A Message."

I doubt Coldplay's dominance is going to end in the short-term, either.


By the way, I really liked the White Stripes album, "Get Behind Me, Satan," too. And then Coldplay came along and knocked them into oblivion. (On my Top-10, not in real life)

So, if you haven't listened to "X&Y" yet, check it out. It's funny, too, because when I first heard it, I didn't think it was all the great, especially compared to their last album, but then, it just kinda grew on me. Like, Miracle Grow. I blame it all on my top-3 songs, which sealed the deal for me.

Remember, kiddies: DON'T STEAL MUSIC...just go to Gap and try on a shitload of jeans to get some free iTunes!!! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker